Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Genital warts,how long can they lay dormant in a carrier?

i dont have genital warts but can i be a carrier of the virus? my partner of 30 months developed symptoms 6 weeks ago and is very ditressed,my last intimate relationship was over four years ago and didnt involve penetrational sex,i show no signs of having an infection.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper gottalove66
|

replied July 12th, 2011
yes, you could be a virus carrier. sometimes, it takes months or years to show up..--HerpesGroups
|

replied July 12th, 2011
thanks for your reply,however my confusion is that we have been very sexually active with eachother since october 2008 yet she has only had the virus for around six weeks,why would it take two and a half years for them to appear? we havent changed the way we make love in that time,i havent had any other partner and i trust her totally ,so why the delay?
|
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....