Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Genital Warts and we both (of course) swear fidelity.

I have been with my partner exclusively for almost 2 years. I had not had any sexual relationships for almost 2 years before I started dating him. Recently, he found out that he has visible genital warts. Does this mean that I automatically have the virus since we have been together (unprotected) repeatedly? Neither of us know where the virus came from, and we both (of course) swear fidelity.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2013
Hi I had genital warts and had the same kind of issue as to where I got them from, my doctor told me that you can have the virus that causes them in your system without the warts, so you may have the virus and not develop warts until your ill because when your ill your immune system gets weak and that's when warts are more likely to appear, also you can get the warts virus (hpv) from someone and not develop the warts until a few years later. I suppose you will never know who got the virus, if I were u I would get checked to see if there is any internal warts and also make sure you have protected sex because if warts are visible they are very contagious, you can also have the virus but not have the warts but I'm not sure if the doctor can test to see if you hpv. They told me I had it when I got two small warts. I had them for a year and two months, I had to apply a cream on them and eventually they would go but another one would appear. I am now wart free, and have a few small scars from where the cream burned my skin because I applied too much.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....