I have had genital warts now for nearly 2 years. I have rarely had a break from them in this time. I do smoke probaly 15-20 smokes a day and have done since i found out that i had them. I have looked at a few web sites and some of them say that if you smoke when you have genital warts that it lowers your immune system and cause more outbreaks and prolong it. Is this true? If i stop smoking will i have a greater chance of finally getting rid of them damn things?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
HPV infection that causes genital warts is lifelong infection.
It stays in your body, but, usually, within 2 years after initial outbreak, becomes asymptomatic (without visible genital warts).
Immune system is most important for fighting this infection, and, smoking cigarettes lowers its effectiveness.
Acctually, smoking is strongly associated with the initial onset of genital warts, and their relapse after treatment.
|
Users who thank MandMs for this post: Missy1983 

replied December 15th, 2008
Thanks for that. I have sorta thought it for a while, but i guess i just needed someone to tell me...Its been getting me down abit lately. Ill do my best at giving up the smokes, gotta keep thinking its the best thing i can do for myself!
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Did u get rid of them?
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....