User Profile
My partner and I both have HSV-2(genital herpes).
If she performs oral sex on me, or I perform it on her, will we then contract oral herpes? If we kiss afterwards will we contract oral herpes from the other person who performed oral sex.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2014
Sexual Health - Men Answer A49053
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern.

Transmission risk orally is increased in oral sex. and subsequently can be transmitted orally too via kissing. I would advise a condom if you have to do oral sex.

Let me know if you have any query

wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.