Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Genital bumps and their cause

User Profile
Can you tell me what the bumps may be that I just described above. I dont think STD because I have been with just my wife for 10 years and her with me. I dont think ingrown hairs becasue they are not red and there is alot of them. I am clueless. It just itches it does not burn or hurt but it itches terribly bad.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2008
Testicles Answer A4860
You wrote:” Current medical status: I have bumps on my scrotum and it itches very bad. The bumps are not white or red they are the same color as my flesh. I have not shaved down there. I have 1 sexual partner that I have had for 10 years we dont cheat on each other so I know it is not an STD. A couple of weeks ago I had to go to the doctor becasue when I was young I broke my leg really bad and I scratched the spot that my bone came out of my leg at and it got infected so I had to go get an antibiodic. About 2 weeks after I was done with medicine I got the bumps on my scrotum. They are not red or white. You can not pop them and get anything out of them. They are just there and I have never had this before. I have no clue what it is. I thought it might be ingrown hairs but there is alot of them and I dont shave there. Can you please help me and maybe give me some kind of idea as to what this is. If they were colored I may be able to find something on the internet about it but they are the same color as the rest of my penis.
Question: Can you tell me what the bumps may be that I just described above. I dont think STD because I have been with just my wife for 10 years and her with me. I dont think ingrown hairs becasue they are not red and there is alot of them. I am clueless. It just itches it does not burn or hurt but it itches”

It is not easy to figure what the cause for the bumps is without seeing them. Anyway, there are several possible causes. The most likely is a skin yeast infection. The area is humid and warm. These conditions can attribute a lot for the yeast to develop. Also, bumps of unknown origin can always be suspected for tumour. From the data you provided, there are more of them and that is not usual for a tumour.

However, a visit to dermatovenerologist is the only way you can find out the real reason for the bumps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.