I have been keeping my asthma under good control, but now I can't afford the Advair. It is $250 even with a $50 coupon and a RX card! Does anyone have any other suggestions for a generic med to get me through until August?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2010
Check buyprescription-drugs-online.com -They have Generic For Advair Diskus (Fluticasone-Salmeterol) 3 for $161.70
|

replied June 26th, 2011
In the Uk we get them free as as have the wonderful NHS at the moment until our right wing government gets rid of it. xxx
|

replied January 18th, 2011
is advair better than symbicort and albuterol? symbicort doesn't seem to do anything
|

replied June 25th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
albuterol is for quick relief and does not have the corticosteriods for inflamation that sybicort and advair have
the later 2 r equivalent basically
these can be bought on the net for less money and without a prescription
|

replied May 1st, 2011
Luckily here in the UK we have the NHS.
|

replied June 25th, 2011
Experienced User
You might want to ask you doctor if he has any samples of it thats how I got mine.
|

replied June 26th, 2011
My asthma is now under exellent control since I moved to a new docs practice. My old docs refused to treat it properly.
|

replied July 25th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
if u can't afford the name brand, u can buy online for about 37 dollars a similar combination inhaler and compared to 200 plus dollars they can be a lifesaver
but u should always have emergency dialaters
ASTHMA is a disease of inflammation so treating it as an inflammatory disease is your first approach and inhaled corticosteroids is the first of those choices
good luck
|

replied July 26th, 2011
Fast acting symbicort - what is the benefit of being fast?
Can anyone tell me the benefit of having a faster acting symbicort? Is having a faster preventer medicine important?
|

replied July 26th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, u really need two inhalers for asthma
1st is a bronchial dilator THIS IS THE FAST ACTING
2nd u need a corticosteroid (inhaled) for inflamation
NOW AS TO symbicort fast acting; they just claim it starts to work in 5 minutes but when u r in emergency 5 minutes might be DEAD

so while symbicort and others like it r DUAL inhalers , they have both a dilator and steroid THEY R MORE EXPENSIVE and anyone needing such SHOULD HAVE A FAST ACTING BRONCHIAL DILATOR FOR EMERGENCIES
and the dual action inhalers r good and hopefully if u keep your asthma under control they will be enough

hope that clears it up somewhat
|

replied July 27th, 2011
Thanks for the response ohcalcuta. Is it ok to use Symbicort for emergencies. I thought more than twice is an overdose, right?
Also do you have problems gteting a full dose. I used the powder forms and didn't liek them so now I use an aerosol. My friend says more people are using the traditional puffers now. Wondering what the general thinking is....???
|

replied July 27th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
no u should not use symbicort for emergencies UNLESS u have nothing else,

BUT u should have FAST ACTING INHALERS that do not have corticosteroids in them for emergency and the better u maintain your asthma the less u will need emergency relief

good luck
|

replied July 27th, 2011
Thanks for your advice - I needed to check in with someone. Smile
|

replied December 20th, 2011
If your asthma is triggered by allergies, you may need to take allergy medications along with asthma medications to help control your symptoms.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....