Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

I have been feeling ill for about 4-5 months now and after tests and tests the doctors have found nothing wrong with me. From the start they have asked me if I've been anxious about anything and the only thing I could think of was the fact that I should be going to University next year and I just do not want to go. Thinking about it, the symptoms started when I started visiting Uni open days and have just never left. The main thing is constant nausea, that used to be alongside dizzy, short of breath,fast heart, trouble sleeping. I'm starting to think it could be anxiety as I didn't leave the house all summer and I don't want to socialize which is weird for a 17 year old and I never used to be like it! Since starting school this week the nausea has got even worse and I spend all evening worrying about going to school the next day, and when I'm there I just want to go home. The only reason I doubt that its anxiety is that during the summer I wasn't even thinking about University and I still felt sick all the time. Could this be GAD? Does anyone have similar symptoms?! I feel like half of me is missing! Just someone to talk to would be so much appreciated because I feel completely alone!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2013
Hi..I have been feeling nauseating and I'll too...I have had trouble with my speech..even I feel like I have lost myself..I mean all my enthusiasm has somehow drained.. Doc says and maintains its stress and anxiety.. So I'm trying to learn to not meditate upon these symptoms..and involve I'm activities that I like..I feel better but the symptoms come by time and again..but I'm trying somehow to not focus on them.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...