User Profile
Hi, I’m a 19 year old. I have been sexually inactive for the past year. October last year there was blood in my semen and also in my urine, both were blood red. I went to the hospital and they did tests and gave no conclusion. It happened again about 2 weeks later and this time there was a clot in my urine but I managed to urinate it out. After which it was difficult to urinate, I only could go in small amounts. I went back to the hospital and they said I probably have a UTI and I went on antibiotics but they didnt work. The symptoms eventually stopped. Only now, 7 months later, I’m having the same issue again. It seems every time I ejaculate, there is blood in my semen and after a clot and blood in my urine for a few hours. If I look closely at my urine there is lots of small balls of red and then a couple of large blood clots. This only ever occurs after ejaculation. I masturbate twice a week, less since the symptoms. I’m wondering whether my symptoms sound like something dangerous?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2019
General Q and A Answer A65078
Welcome to this forum.
I must tell you that the exact cause of hematospermia cannot be found in as many as 70 percent of patients. ... A single episode of hematospermia or blood in sperm is usually considered benign and the risk of malignancy is low. However, persistent or recurrent symptoms of hematospermia can be very stressful for a patient and definitely you need to be evaluated for STDs, UTI, polyp or growth in urinary tract or rare causes like blood clotting disorder or hypertension.

Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.