User Profile
I have dark spots on my second toe “knuckles” (?) with what seems to look like a bump. I don’t think they’re corns because they don’t hurt at all. And I’m not sure if they’re calluses. My questions are what could it be? How can I get rid of them because I hate how it looks? and if I were to see a doctor, what specialty would be best to ask about this? Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2019
General Q and A Answer A64881
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These are hyperpigmented lesions. Consult dermatologist to evaluate you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.