User Profile
Hi, Would anybody know what could have caused red stripey marks to appear on my face after a bath/shower?
They look like drip marks running down my face, red colour. I can feel slight abrasive feeling at the site

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2019
General Q and A Answer A64795
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description it appears to be acute urticarial rash. Depending upon the severity oral antihistamines such as loratadine or diphenhydramine can be advised in consultation with your doctor. The water source should also be examined especially other members of the family have also had similar issues.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.