User Profile
A couple of days ago before I went to bed, I noticed a small red swollen area of skin on my waistline. I assumed that I had just bumped it or my waistband on my pants had caused some irritation, so I didn't think much of it. Nothing had changed the previous day.

However, when I woke up the follow day I noticed that it looked different. It was red and swollen slightly. The red area is about the size of a dime. What's different is that now there is dark (almost black) line running through the red area.

It doesn't hurt or anything, but does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2018
General Q and A Answer A64387
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the small bump in waist area that you describe without examining it. Consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider for further examination and evaluation to look for the underlying cause. The possibilities include folliculitis, sebaceous cyst, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation done by your doctor/healthcare provider. Avoid any self manipulation. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.