Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have mystery elbow pain.

Sept or Oct 2016 I fell down the stairs. I was at the top, my foot slipped, I landed on my back and slid down to the bottom. My elbows and tailbone hit every step hard, and the pain was horrendous. For weeks after, even feather touches were very, very painful.

I didn't go to the doctor immediately. 6 months later when it was still hurting x-rays were done and showed no bone problem. However it's been nearly two years, and one elbow still has a sore spot when pressed, the other has sharp pain when one spot is pressed or bumped.

If there's no bone problem, what would cause pain so long after the accident?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2018
(online)
General Q and A Answer A64156
Hello and welcome to EHF,

I appreciate your concern,

You should have gone to the hospital immediately after you fell,delaying the visit and xrays for 6 months mean that the initial damage might not be visible anymore.If your doctor is sure that there's no bone problem then it could be a soft tissue problem,MRI scan should be scheduled for you if the pain doesn't look like going away anytime sooner,as soft tissue problems can also cause pain and this scan will help ruling it out.

Meanwhile you can massage it with olive oil and take over the counter pain medication for it like indomethacin or ibuprofen to help relieve the pain.

I hope this is helpful,

Wishing you the best of health.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.