Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Persist Fever with No Viable Explanation

Almost 2 Weeks ago August 22nd during the night, I started to come down with a mild fever. I believe it was 99.5. I need help people, this thing doesn’t seem to be going

1. Tuesday Night (Start of Temperature Increase)
2. 8/23/17 Wednesday: Fever started to get worse, Wednesday night 101.
3. 8/24/17 Thursday: Fever all day (highest it reached 101.5)
4. 8/25/17 Friday: Fever starts to reduce.
5. 8/26/17 Saturday: I feel pretty good!
6. 8/27/17 Sunday: I feel well. I have an event for work, come back later that night, fever returns.
7. 8/28/17 Monday: Fever midday 101
8. 8/29/17 Tuesday: Highest recorded fever of 101.9. *Night Sweats that night into morning
9. 8/30/17 Wednesday: Fever going up and down; never goes past 101.7
10. 8/31/17 Thursday: Fever
11. 9/1/17 Friday: Fever *Night sweats that night into morning
12. 9/2/17 Saturday: Fever

Other symptoms include: Loss of appetite, chills, general weakness, loose/watery stool

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A62187
Welcome to e health forum.

If you have been having recurrent fevers, then you need to get a few tests done to assess your condition.

Tests including Complete blood count, peripheral blood smear, liver and renal functions, urinalysis, thyroid function tests, blood cultures, and if needed specific testing for conditions like dengue, malaria, tuberculosis, etc can be done.

Consult your physician for a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.