Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I am having a lump on the inner side of my right eyelid. I went to doctor and he said its a chalazion. He prescribed me Azimax 500. But iI cant tolerate the medicine. Headspin, weakness are felt. What can I do now? Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2017
General Q and A Answer A61729
Welcome to e health forum.

Chalazion is a cyst in the mid portion of the eyelids, which occur due to a blocked oil gland. They appear red and usually are non painful. Formation of such chalazions is gradual over a few weeks.

Treatment is typically initially with warm compresses, to the affected eye for approximately 15 minutes 4 times per day. This promotes drainage and healing by softening the hardened oil that is occluding the duct.

Topical antibiotics can be used initially, to control the infection.

Chalazia will often disappear without further treatment within a few months, and virtually all will reabsorb within two years. If this does not happen in a few months, steroid injections can be given for smaller lesions, while the larger ones may need surgical excision.

You should consult with a opthalmologist (eye specialist doctor) who can help you appropriately.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.