Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I recently had a TV, TU ultrasound done. I have been having severe heavy periods and my entire body is in severe pain 2weeks out of the month when I PMS. This all began after i had my son 5 yrs ago via ER c-section. I am always bloated and have had the pain on my left side of my uterus for at least a year now. This is the results of my ultrasound what does it mean:

The uterus is enlarged measuring 13 x 7 x 5 cm. Myometrial echogenicity is mildly heterogeneous without focal masses. The endometrial echo complex measures 6 mm. There are tiny nabothian cysts.

There is trace fluid in the endometrial canal of the lower uterine segment.

Neither ovary is significantly enlarged. Right ovarian volume is 9.5 cc. Left ovarian volume is 8.8 cc. Follicles are noted bilaterally, the largest on the right measuring 2.2 cm.

There is no significant free fluid.

IMPRESSION: Enlargement of the uterus with myometrial heterogeneous echogenicity. No focal myometrial mass. Trace fluid in the endometrial c

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A62257
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. These are early signs of hormonal imbalance that leads to such menorrhagic episodes. It is easily manageable with losing weight, use of oral contraceptive pills and medications like transaminase to reduce your menstrual bleed. If you do not plan to have anymore babies I would recommend get your hysterectomy done. Consult your gynecologist and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.