Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I hear a clicking sound near my ear but not inside when I my head to the side. My back has been cracking when twist my torso. I am 15 so I doubt it's aging bones. Maybe strained neck or stress??

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60866
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

The ear needs to be examined for a possible otolith. Consult an ENT specialist doctor in this regard. He may advise and perform some maneuvers to dislodge the otolith if suspected with associated vertigo. The back can be examined and NSAIDs/ bed rest can be advised if no severe movement limitation is present.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.