Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I've been having trouble with hearing from my right side, it sounds like people are mumbling when they aren't talking too loud and standing to my right. I've also been told that I speak too loudly on various occasions, and that only happened recently (past 4 months maybe). I have no pain or any other symptoms, and I haven't been exposed to any trauma, nor am I taking any medications. Could it be a serious hearing loss or just a wax buildup on the inside? my ear is clean as far as I know, and I don't have ringing sounds or dizziness.

oh, and I also conducted an online pure tone audiometry on and this was the result _286760419_1.jpg

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60225
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. It looks like age related hearing loss also called presbycusis. Needs to be confirmed. Talk to an otolaryngologist and let them sort it out for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.