Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

gastrointestinal epithelial cells are the primary targets of HIV

It has been a month now, and no Dr can give me an answer:( I have been suffering from gastrointestinal gurgles and noises in my instestine. I did an endoscopy an the Dr said, " your stomack is a little inflame" take proselic. i dont have acid reflux. My tongue is white kinda of dry and white over all. I read Hiv is found in saliva and urine as well. Well i found some small particles in my urine, microorganisms partcicles I was able to distinguish them with my magnifier and besides they stand out to the color of the urine yellow. These particles shine and float on the surface of my urine, they are greenish and brownish. If you look at the HIV virus picture if you have never seen what it looks google images and it exactly the same color or description i found! I am sure the labs have more accuracy with their microscope,but at least i was able to see this microparticles. can it be HIv disposed through my urine since is also found in urine?. I have had night sweats,3 times fever of 99 maybe 100. cold,sore throat,sneezing almost every day and runny nose somwetimes,but the instestine part wont subside. My exposure was a hand shake meanwhile having a finger cut. i shook hands with someone HIV positive and obviously he touched my cut. So i am thinking this was an entry for the virus!and i read, "the gut associated lymphoid tissue provides a substantial reservoir for HIV. so my biggest problem is my gut intestine, is the virus in here? please help! and the urine part,what i found? I did an DNA by PCR test 18 days after exposure,but apprently Dr suggest 21 days at least for accuracy. #0 days later i did another one HIV RNA DNA, negative too maybe i don't have enough antibodies detectable yet, but i do have these symptoms?? i am not crazy, just worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2011

Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

HIV is very small (almost 0.1 microns ) and very difficult to be seen in microscope (let alone by naked eye or a magnifier lens). You need electron microscope for seeing them clearly.

The particles seen by you were probably urinary proteins or casts, which are very common.

Your symptoms in the stomach are probably due to gastritis (as your endoscopy has revealed). Using antacids and prilosec for a few weeks might be helpful.

Your symptoms in the throat are due to bacterial pharyngitis and you might benefit by a course of antibiotics for a few days.

HIV is not transmitted by the description provided here. Hence you had no risk of HIV infection in the first place.

This has been confirmed by the negative HIV tests which are conclusive at 18 days and 30 days.

You might consult your doctor for additional information and reassurance.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.