Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

gastric bypass the flatulence is still so bad?

i am more than 4 yrs post gastric bypass surgery and he flatulence is still so bad, especially the bad odor...i am afraid to go anywhere and even at work i am so afraid someone will notice the smell...what can i do? please help..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2012
Have you tried the Devrom. I'm only 2 months out but have the same problem. Devrom helps sometimes but not all the time. Maybe need to take on a regular basis and increase dose.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
flatulence & WLS
The next time your m.d. orders blood work, have them include your B6 levels. iF THAT'S LOW, YOU CAN'T PRODUCE THE DIGESTIVE ENZYMES YOU NEED. i'VE BEEN GETTING b6 SHOTS EVERY 3 MONTHS FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS AND IT HELPS MORE THAN YOU'D THINK POSSIBLE.
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...