Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

gallbladder surgery can age effect recovery?

I am wondering if the age of a person could have an effect on the outcome of the healing process?
my Mom will go in for the Laparoscopic procedure tomorrow. She is 79 years old, but her doctors can not believe that she is that age. She looks great! and is in pretty good shape for her age. You might think 55..but No way 79. She has taken very good care of herself all of her life. Most of the post kind of scare me. I am thinking about asking her to have the doctor allow her to stay a couple of days in the hospital before going home. Her husband will be careing for her and he is pretty frail but willing to do all he can. Please pray for my Mom to heal quickly with little to No major pain! thank you and I do hope that everyone starts to feel better real soon!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2015
(online)

Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Age is a very important factor both for procedures, anesthesia and recovery status. Considering your mother in healthy phase, she might be a fit for surgery. using minimal invasive procedure and hoping for the best is the key there. I am sure she will combat this easy procedure successfully with full recovery. Good Luck.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.