Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

gallbladder removed , lost close to 30 pounds

User Profile
I had my gallbladder removed about 2.5 months ago. I did not have any gallstones it was just not functioning normally. I am experiencing severe nausea, spasm like pains in upper right abdominal area, and constipation.

I have lost close to 30 pounds now since surgery because I am too nauseated to eat. I have tried eating low-fat foods, drinking more water, exercising, and changing my medications. I have to take Colace twice a day for the constipation. I take Promethazine as needed for the nausea. I am at my wits end with this nausea. I wake up with it and I go to bed with it.

I went to my gastro doctor today and he ordered a bunch of bloodwork testing for liver enzymes, thyroid, celiac disease, and a few other levels. I got the vibe from him that he doesn't know what to do or what it is. Basically I am to live with it or deal with it.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2010
Gallbladder Disease Answer A16265
This is a complex topic. You might check the column on my website dedicated to this topic: http://doctorwascher.com/Archives/10-18-09 .htm

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.