User Profile
I have been having upper right belly pain under the ribs into the back gets worse after eating along with nausea. Have not had a normal bowl movement in almost 5 months. The pain and nausea has been happening for 5 months now. We have done anti spasm meds with no help. My HIDA SCAN said my EF was 90% and normal study. CT showed Phrygian cap morphology of the gallbladder Common Bile duct is enlarged 1cm. MRCP Pancreatic divisum. EGD with biopsy came back normal. Ultra sound showed enlarged bile duct. I was told nothing is wrong with my gallbladder or pancreas. could all this pain be a result of a EF of 90% and the Phrygian cap of the gallbladder and enlarged bile duct. Is the EF 90% Normal what i have read it is high and can be as bad a low functioning gallbladder.I see the GI doctor on 11 OCT and just looking for things to with him about the be more aware of what all is going on with my body

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2018
Gallbladder Disease Answer A64431
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be biliary hyperkinesia which usually responds to gall bladder removal surgery.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.