Had my gall bladder removed three days ago. Had a really bad reaction to the anaethetic , suffering nausea and really bad head pains. Yesterday I felt a lot better, today I am in bed feeling very, very sick - again -. I know I have to but I am frightened to eat anything. Any suggestions. I absolutely hate feeling like this and am the worlds worst patient.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2011
Experienced User
Are you still taking painkillers? Some people react badly to them but you can usually switch to one that doesn't upset you. Any reaction to the anaesthetic used in the operation shouldn't still be causing trouble.

Some people will just have trouble adjusting their digestive system after gallbladder removal. You might react badly to particular foods, and if you can identify these you can limit you intake until your body adapts. For now just try to find things that you can eat to keep your strength up. Soups? Cereals? Pasta? Although fatty foods, alcohol, etc. are likely to be difficult, fruit and vegetables also often cause trouble.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....