Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

3 fusions goin on 4. hardware shattered the vertabrae

Hi all need some advice.Back in Feb 11 I went in for a spinal fusion l3-s1 during the surgery they had to pull bone from my hip to rebuild what was damaged and siatic nerve damage.during the procedure when installing the cage they didn't drill a hole big enough when they screwed in the hardware it shattered the right side of l-3 so they couldn't pin all the way up on that side.After that spent 4 days in the hospital got releasd home with pain meds the pain never seem to go away all thru pt I actually had to stop pt cause of the pain.July they realize the hardware had loosened up and it was bone on bone I went back in for number two the retightend the hardware rebuilt the bone that was damaged and said I'm good now.I go home again with meds go thru the pt thing again still hurting.I see my surgeon er do all sorts of diff tests and a mri and x-rays the hardware loosened up again ?is this a result of the first surgery and shattering my vertabrate?I go back in they remove the cage sayin the bones are stabil enough without it.to thus day still in severe pain and still on meds percocet 10mg and morphine 30mg a few times a day.I see my Dr about a month ago and come to find out l-3 never fused and is moving around they want to go back in and refuse it .am I a idiot or should I be calling a lawyer?I'm 39 years old and can never work again constant pain everyday any ideas? Thanx.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2012
I forgot to add all this in a yr and a half time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...