Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Fungal toe nail infection - good natural ointments?

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried a good toe nail anti fungal ointment. A couple of nails of my left foot have not be looking great since the summer and I was told that they have a nail infection. I tried the Dr Scholl treatment for a month but I didn't notice any difference. I've been looking on Amazon and there are many, one that looks interesting is Yoffee Clear. It appears to be more natural. Has anyone tried the natural anti fungal ointments?

Thanks!
Lara.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2014
(online)
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. There are Many over the counter antifungal ointment which will work but you should know that medicines help slightly. main influence will be feet hygiene and avoiding sweating and regularly changing shoes and socks . Should be worn No more than 8 hours a day. Good podiatric care can spare all these troubles. Rest any antifungal you like will fix the issue.

I hope it helps.Please take good car of yourself and do as directed.I would advise to stay in touch with your health care provider as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor where a complete evaluation occurs. I will be here if you need me or have any more questions to ask, i would love to answer.

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.