Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

fungal infection on head .I can't tolerate that irritation

Hi Doctor,

Myself Pramod,
My question is reg Dermatology.

I am 24 years old now . 22 years I stayed in my native so far had none of the problems with my hairs and head..
once I completed my graduation came up to Bangalore after 4-5 months I started feeling hair fall in me ....
There is no genetic hair fall in my family .
Later I decided to go for Ayurveda treatment and after 2 months Pimples like started appearing over my head when I consulted that doc he said it is my problem not having 6 liters of water daily, but i used to have at least 3 liters daily.
Then slowly itching started all over the head with pimples then till now I have been so far to almost 3 doctors but no has really helped me to cure this infection....(I was going for GYM workout for 3 months even I stopped that too )

one Doctors said that it is a seborroic dermatis of scalp and treated for that , another told it is a fungal infection .. I am fed up of this problem .. Feel like to end up my life because of this ..I can't tolerate that irritation , because of this I have shaved my head even then I am facing the same.

Yest I have shown to another doctor , he just gave me medicines but din give me any suggestions reg what showed to be doe and how to cure this....Please I beg you help to get rid of this ..

Yestreday doctor has given me TAB - FEXOHIT 120 , KERTYOL PSO SHAMPOO , TOPISAL LOTION. 1 MONTH Medication and asked e to come back after that.

Currently I have more number of pimples like appearing in the entire head with puss, iriitation , itching, Hair falling even though I have very short hairs
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2014
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

From your symptoms, folliculitis and pustular folliculitis should be ruled out apart from seborrheic dermatitis. Apart from the prescribed medicines (antiallergic, topical steroid), you may need topical antibiotics as well. But before this, get the swab sample from the small bumps done and send it for bacterial cultures. Small skin scrapings may also be taken and sent for examination.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.