I broke my fumer while jogging, it broke into pieces, in the middle of the thigh and at the head, surgery was done and a rod was place insidesign with 3 screws, 1 on top and twould near the knee, it's been 4 weeks after surgery and I feel better,
Is it possible to sleep on my sides without disturbing the healing process. How soon can I lift my 2 year old baby
Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Usually fracture of the weight bearing joints takes months and speed of the recovery depends on many other factors like young age ,healthy status and status of vitamin D and associated minerals,diet,lifestyle and most important age. Lifting a two year child means 10 to 15 kg weight that you can do after four to six months as far as Lying down on injured site is concerned. That should wait at least 3 months but it can be done early depending on your recovery which your orthopedic Sargon would decide. Young people with healthy parameters heals quicker in a few months and they are able to put weight on their legs completely with in six months to a year,but if the patient is old with bone mineral density or reduce vitamins D level to take a bit longer .So it would be wise not to put pressure on your fracture leg as long as you can and let your orthopedic Sargon decide what is best for you .

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Recovery, Diet
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Broken Bones , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.