Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

Frustrated with disappointing live-in child-grandchildren

I am a mother and a grandmother (am divorced since 1998). I was 12 or 13 when I said one day to myself, "God please I do not want kids because I would be a terrible mother". I've now three adult children and they are awful. They have used and abused me. My middle child has 5 children and I think of her as the classic ghetto broad with 5 kids. The worse of it --- they all live with me. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!! I JUST HATE IT!!!!!!! All I've ever wanted to do was travel and I cannot even leave my home for fear of more ghetto people here when I return. God forgive me... I made my feelings known -- I do not want them here. None of them. I raised my children to be better than they are. Three are three dads for the five children. I've dated guys who - while they try to hide their feelings -- feel the same as I do. 5 CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!! -- dad who give $15 or $20 a month. I am simply sick of it and I am ashamed of her and I will never feel any different. I just want them ALL to go away. I really, really, really want to be alone. I don't care if nobody comes around on Mother's Day. I want them to go any place as long as it is away from me. I dislike them all. I can never have a decent relationship with anyone because they keep coming around, sitting, looking, bothering me, wanting money, just always there. I know I am supposed to be a kind and loving grandmother but I am not. I think I did a fine job raising them but they are not what I expected they'd turn out to be... like me... someone to make their mother proud, I never took my woes to my Mom, I never worried her, I was a good child and my Mom told me so. They suck!!!!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2014
You are a horrible woman who should love your children and your grand children unconditionally! Just because they wound up different then your children doesnt make them horrible. The fact that you think of your daughter as ghetto is heartless in itself. I have a daughter and I have a jerk of a mother who reminds me alot of you. There are people on this board who only want love and attention from the people they love, and I feel bad for your children. Maybe you should just up and move away from your kids, and that way when you are old and need help, they wont have to bother with you
|
Did you find this post helpful?