I'm 18, it's my first semester in college and I'm doing fantastic in school. The workload is stressing, but I tackle it and make above average grades. But a few months ago me and my lady broke up. She admitted to sleeping with my best friend twice during our relationship, which was about 7 months long. So I cut her and him out, said I never wanted to speak to either of them again...

She doesn't have many friends though, and through our relationship she became close to my friends. So now she's with them everyday, and I don't want it to be awkward so I just let us have joint custody of them. My best friend of the group started hanging out with her excessively (he told her while we were dating that he liked her) and he tries to be subterfuge about it, and treats me like I'm dumb and I can't see through his clever ploys.

Then last night I walked into one of my friends house (different friend), and my ex and him were spooning asleep watching a movie. These 2 guys are cousins and were pretty much my best friends. She was one of my best friends and the guy she slept with during our relationship was my BEST friend.

Now I just feel like none of my friends care about me. I feel so isolated, all I can do to keep my mind off of it is schoolwork, which just stresses me out because there's so much of it.

I don't know what to do, I want to just say "screw it" drop that whole group of friends and find a new group. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2008
You are 18! You really(really) can make a new group of better friends for sure. Dont be stressed, you have many chances to improve your personal and social life. If you see that these people dont treat you as you diserve, just ignore them, dont waste your time(ok, you still have plenty of time Smile but you can use it better). You just started the college, try to live these years. Look ahead there is no reason to stay in sick situations and learn from your errors. Wish you the best Smile
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2008
Supporter
I'd suggest that you meet with each of them individually and confront them with your issues. I"m not sure that the joint custody is working so well.
|

replied November 17th, 2008
Experienced User
Get new friends. Better friends.

Seriously.
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You should join friends support group to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Troubled and Abusive Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.