User Profile
Since we can't have mint, I thought I'd list a few natural remedies to cure bad breath.

*Chew on dried Coriander leaves

*Take two teaspoons of mustard oil and add about half a teaspoon of common salt to it. Keep this in the mouth for some time, rolling it around your mouth. Spit out the saliva that collects. After about half an hour, spit it all out and rinse your mouth with water. Within a short while, bad breath will be completely gone. (Sorry but this sounds disgusting to me)

*Take a glassful of warm water. Add one teaspoon of ginger juice and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Gargle with this solution once per day. ***This is the most effective rememdy for bad breath***

*Gargling with baking soda helps and is one of the best remedies for getting rid of bad breath (though I don't know if we can do this...)

copyright 2007 - 2008 Ayushveda Information
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2008
Supporter
It's also helpful to either brush or scrape your tongue. This can help eliminate or reduce the bacteria that lives on the tongue and can contribute to bad breath.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....