Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Fresh bleeding , skin damage and HIV transmission

User Profile
I whent to massage parlour for a hand job can you catch HIV from this way . When I was given the hand job I had a condom on but when I finshed she removed the condom and gave me a quick hand job 10 seconds I notice after that she had torn the end of her finger nail of and it was sore I don't think the end of her finger touch the end of my penis . the end of my penis was sore is there chance of infection

Plesas put my mind to rest

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2010
HIV and AIDS Answer A14280
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know whether you might be at risk of being infected with HIV.

HIV (human immune deficiency virus) affects the T-helper lymphocytes. Due to this the immune system weakens and becomes prone to frequent infections of which certain ones can be opportunistic. The virus is transmitted by direct contact of blood with bodily fluids like blood, semen, pre-ejaculate, vaginal fluid and breast milk.

Given the data that you described, you suspect that you might be at risk of being infected with HIV. If the lady had fresh bleeding on her fingers and if you experienced any skin damage that was bleeding recently, there might be a chance of passing HIV. However, to be completely sure, have diagnostic tests for diagnosis of possible HIV infection 12 weeks or more after the suspicious event, because the human body needs 2-12 weeks to develop detectable antibodies against this virus.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis of possible HIV infection.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.