my daughter who is five years old is going through a weird problem .everytime for example she changes clothes she complains for feeling, of urination now the situation has got out of control she cries aloud, shout mum plz help i fee like urinating but urine doesnt pass
she holds her vagina tightly jumps lies down on floor throws all tantrums but is unalble to get rid of this feeling even if she passes urine its only in drops
i've consulted her peadriatic,child psycologist but of no use she goes to washroom even after 30 secs
i've tried ignoring her this problem giving her extra care ,diverting her mind but all my efforts r going in vain
i feel realy helpess seeing my lil one suffer everyday
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 29th, 2009
I have the same problem with my son and I'm at a loss. The doctor said it was a behavorial problem. Possibly some anxiety but it came out of no where two weeks ago.
|
Users who thank wiggincomm for this post: sheetal 

replied May 2nd, 2009
the feeling of and/or increase in frequency in urination is very common with anxiety. if there are no other medical issues, I would make an appointment to see a child psychologist. good luck!!
|

replied May 2nd, 2009
Supporter
my little girl had that
I thought the same until she screamed the house down she well head the the loo but pee her self on the way there then she didnt go to the loo because it was to painful so i took her to the doctors she had urin infection, so take her to your dotors as soon as you can..
|

replied May 2nd, 2009
I've seen my son's dr. multiple times in the last couple of weeks for this and another ailment that is going on as well. They both started together about three weeks ago. He says that it can be a level of anxiety that goes with the age. The initial problem can be caused by having a small accident and worrying that it's going to happen again. It's apparently something they outgrow pretty quickly. My son has also been holding himself...in public. Apparently this is also common and should only last for a couple of weeks. Despite my doctors feedback I'm going to see a pediatric urologist on Monday. My mother-in-law mentioned that there is something called posterior urethra valve closing down that could be the cause although I'm now starting to think that my son's dr. is correct with his original diagnosis. Good luck. This stinks but hopefully it will be over soon.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
fr
thanx guy's for ur feedback but i/ve all ready seen a urologist and a child pshycologist but none of them were of any use as both of them said my baby doll is absolutely fine
i am glad by there opinions but my problem stands still there.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
thanku
thanku friends for ur feedbk but i've already visited a child psycologists and a urollogist but that was of not much help the problem is growing day by day need aperfect soltion
|