Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Frequent Chest/Heart Pain Pinches

I'm 22, weigh 296 lbs. I've been experiencing chest/heart? Palpitations/twinges/pinches of quick pain for about a few weeks now, periodically throughout each day, some days much more frequent than others. The first week of this when it started, it put me into a depression and lowered my energy and drive to do anything. I was conscious of every breath I took, and could feel my heart beating sorta rapidly when I try to lay down and get some sleep. It is much better today, but not quite. I just felt a quick chest pinch of pain just now typing this sentence... by the way...I had blood test, EKG, chest x-ray done in ER, and they said it was all fine. The doctor said it was anxiety. But, I don't understand why it just happened suddenly this month? That's why I thought it was something deeper than anxiety, and I wanted to look more into this. I seen my general practitioner and he listened to my heart with his stethoscope, and didn't notice any heart murmur symptoms. He ordered another blood test to check my thyroid level. And they called back after that following weekend and said it was normal. All of these recent events have put me into health anxiety and depression. Now, you might say it's all anxiety, but I still get these quick center chest pain pinches even when relaxed in my own home visiting with my mom or dad. Recently I've been getting cold fingers and feet. Now i'm worried about my cold hands and feet, and still worried about my chest/heart?, of course. I thought about requesting a 24-hour Holter monitor to take home to better document what I've been feeling. And/or possibly get an echocardiogram done? What do you guys think? I haven't been enjoying life much than I did before all of this mess. Before this, I was fine. That's why I keep thinking it's something possibly more serious than just anxiety. I'm sure the anxiety doesn't help, of course. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2015
Experienced User
Hi cody

Well, you've done all possible things you can do in getting to the bottom of your situation. If you were cleared on everything then I think what you ought to do is accept the diagnosis and start treating yourself for anxiety. You can't dwell on thinking what your condition maybe. Trust your doctors so you can start the treatment process.

GO to a clinician and get prescription for anxiety meds. You should also start with counseling therapy. Don't rely only on medications.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Your work up is normal. Anxiety is likely cause. Take some anxiolytics and use some tums for gastric discomfort. Dont worry. Its nothing serious.

Take care
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.