Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Found an adrenal nodule when had unrelated CT Scan

52 yo male - 197 w. I went to the ER 6 weeks ago with bad abdominal pain, and bloating. ER dr ordered a CT, came back , said nothing looked bad, but had distention and fluid in my stomach. I made an appt to see my GI Dr. I have GERD for years, but for the most part, has been managed with 20 mg omeprazole each day. So I went to the hospital today to get a copy of my admission records and CT scan. As I was reading through the records, the CT report impression read: " 1. No acute abdominal or pelvic findings. 2. A 2.4 cm complex peripherally enhancing left adrenal nodule with smaller 14mm right adrenal nodule. These are not benign by CT criteria and do raise concern for possible more aggressive lesions such as underlying metastatic malignancy. Recommend correlate clinically. MRI follow-up may be helpful to further evaluate. " The ER dr didn't even mention this, and if I just didn't happen to get my record, would not have seen! I am going to my GI next week and will show all this to him, but should I be freaking out, because I am!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2015
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. That module could be merely adrenal gland and needs further clinical correlation. Clinical correlation is mandatory and that indicates the benignity of the lesion. How ever there is no harm is consulting a doctor for it and let them sort it out.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.