Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
User Profile
I took an HIV test, chlymidia test, and gonorrhea test. It came back positive for chlymidia and gonorrhea. For the past 2-3 weeks i have had a very foul odor coming from my vagina even through my pants. could this be from my std's or is this something else they didn't test for. I never told my doctor because I was embarrassed. I am very clean and i shower 1-2 times a day. If this information is necessary I have a septum hymen. I wear thongs, use tampons, and tight pants. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2012
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A34646
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Symptoms of gonorrhea include burning or frequent urination, a yellowish vaginal discharge, redness and swelling of the genitals, and a burning or itching of the vaginal area. Chlamydia is usually without symptoms but sometimes cervicitis may be present.

This foul odor can be due to bacterial vaginosis. It is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal odor and discharge. Get an examination done from a gynecologist for this possibility. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. Treatment is by metronidazole and clindamycin which are available under prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.