Medical Questions > Parenting > Newborn Babies Forum

Formula- Enfamil Vs. Similac

Which do you use:
Enfamil
Similac
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our newborn is 9 days old, he is mostly being breast fed. We are going to be supplementing with formula on the ocassion and when we can't pump.....

We bought a can of Enfamil to start out with, everything's fine and have used prolly about 5 bottles or so of it.

I have the ability to buy Similac direct from a company at a discount, would it be ok to up and change because he's only drank it sparingly so far...

Thanks in advance,

Josh
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Yup...not a problem Smile If he is ok on the kind he is, just use the same kind in the different brand, like if he is on the soy formula or the sensitive formula, look for the corresponding brand's version. That way you can be sure not to have a problem because of the brand switch.
|

replied April 17th, 2010
Wrong formula
I accidentally gave a wrong formula milk for my 2 month old baby- the enfamil premium for toddler... Would there be any serious problem or effect to him? Thank u
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2010
Community Volunteer
He should be fine if you only did it one time. The problem with it is the vitamin overdose of these formulas for little babies. The only reason I would see for real concern is if it was a high iron formula, so call your doctor just to be sure things will be ok if that's the case.
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....