Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

For those who suffer with Gout

I have been suffering with Gout from the beginning of May of 2012. The only thing that worked for me to relieve the pain of a gout attack was the prescription of Prednisone. Nothing else worked. My doctor suggested that I be placed on Allopurinol. I decided against it and began to review other alternatives.

After reviewing many articles on Gout, I decided to focus on three main recommendations that I put to the test. 1) Vitamin C 500mg 2) bottled water whose ph level is above 7 and 3) Red Tart Cherry Juice (concentrated). These remedies seemed to work for many people while a few have stated otherwise. For me all three do work well when you partake of them together on a daily basis, but the one that works well for me on its own is the Red Tart Cherry Juice. Every day I drink 4 ounces of the concentrated cherry juice during or after a meal. I don’t drink it on an empty stomach because I will get heartburn. Or, if in season, I eat 20 - 25 cherries a day. Drinking water is also very important. By doing this I have not had an attack for three months.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 7th, 2012
You may also want to incorporate methylb12 to support the liver function in excreting the uric acid as well. I drink juicy juice cherry juice no sugar added 100% juice each day and have a similar experience where it did not flare up as often. But when I incorporated the methylb12 I have noticed that it flares up very minimal or I should say I feel a funny tingle or slight swelling but nothing dramatic by no means. I have not had a bad flare up in years vs just the cherries maybe once or twice a year. Now I do not get that. Smile So give it a whirl and I bet you will experience the same constant relief.

Great post for all those who are unaware that this is the best tactic for treating gout. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....