Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

For a few months itchy red bumps appear.

User Profile
For the last few months I have had random itchy red bumps appear. At first it was just one on my arm. Then they have come randomly. I had five on my lower stomach by my hip. If I itch them they obviously get worse but if I leave them alone they go away. Slowly. They leave a mark for a while though. This past weekend I got them scattered on my forearm, my stomach, and my calf. They are terribly itchy. I took benadryl and they seem to have gotten better because of it. I also put itch cream on them so I don't itch them. Well this morning I woke up with about 4 of them on my lower back. They start off as skin colored welts and then turn red. They only stay red - no other color and they don't become dry or anything along those lines. As I said before they take a few days to go away. I have never had an issue with being allergic to anything my whole life. I don't think they could be bed bugs because my boyfriend isn't getting them and we sleep in the same bed every night.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2014
Allergies Answer A50544
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Though a good quality picture would have aided in better explaining the lesions, the description appears to be that of contact dermatitis or an insect bite. It could also be a viral exanthema but a physical examination would be required. In the meanwhile you can apply calamine and take levocetirizine at day time and desloratidine at night to alleviate the symptoms. Please consult your doctor to examine the lesions first hand.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.