User Profile
Recently I was walking around school and my right foot started hurting. At first it was settle, but it acts up sometimes. Like it's really really hard to walk without limping. It hurts right where my right side of the arch. There's no swelling or bruising visible. It just hurts a lot when I stand for a long period of time or if I walk. I would like to know how to take care of this.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60255
Welcome to e health forum.

It is more likely that you may have sustained either a stress fracture or a sprain of your foot due to injury.

It would be recommended that you consult with your doctor and seek a medical examination , which may help in proper diagnosis and specific management.

In the mean time , use of Ice packs and NSAIDS can help to relieve your symptoms.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.