Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

foot is kinda asleep and i kinda lost feelings in it

User Profile
excuse .
m a 18 years old girl
and for about 2 weeks i kinda started to feel that my right foot is kinda asleep and i kinda lost feelings in it , i dunno , m just worried and id wanna know what it might be
ah! one more thing , i have diabetes and i take insulins 4 times a day novorapid flexpen and lantus solostar.
and to be honest i love eating sweets
help me plz

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2017
Diabetes Answer A61944
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

The foot needs to be examined and the parasthesias need to be worked up to determine if there is any diabetic neuropathy associated symptoms. Based on your age, it appears that you are a type 1 diabetic patient. Diabetic neuropathy usually develops in longstanding diabetes. If the sensations are reversible or posture related or due to external compression then adjustments can be made. If there is pain and consistent parasthesia then pregabalin with b 12 supplemntation can be advised.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diabetes
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.