User Profile
What can I do if my foot pain from plantar fasciitis is disrupting my ability to perform my job duties? I don't want to take time off work, but yet I have been crying at work a few times now from the intense pain when flexing my foot (pushing myself forward by flexing the arch area is very painful). At times, I have had to take a day off to try and get the pain to reduce some, but as soon as I start working again, the pain returns.

I am not able to exercise or even ride a bike currently from the discomfort in both feet. The pain is slightly worse in the right foot, but also is quite bad in the left. However, the pain is even there when I'm sitting down and every orthotic I've tried is not helping since I feel I need total rest versus just more support.

Is it worth just resigning at my job since this has been going on for 8 weeks now and it's been the most miserable time of my life?

I am greatly liked and praised at my job for high quality work, but I have to stand a lot.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2018
Foot Disorders Answer A64357
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
As you have tried orthotic,can't do excercise,can't take leave to undergo surgery,I would suggest you to have steriod injection in most painful areas or go for ultrasound guided platelet rich plasma.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.