Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Food with seeds not digesting all the way

My 2 year old will be seeing a GI next month because of repeated bouts with diarrhea but they told me to take notes on things that seem to make it worse or anything concerning about his BM's. Well I have noticed that his body can't breakdown things like tomatoes or madarin oranges. I find most of those left in the BM's and the seeds are very noticable and always gives him diarrhea. Should I be concerned about this? Is it normal for him to have all these seeds from foods and also the skin from the tomatoes so noticeable in his BM's? He is already on lactose free milk because regular milk makes his break out with really bad diaper rash but seems like things with seeds is causing problems as well. Cucumbers are another one that doesn't seem to digest well.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

From the history provided here, it seems that kid is not chewing the food very well.

Lack of proper eating habits and if time is not taken to chew the food properly, and instead swallowing the food with water or juices might be the cause of the food being defecated intact.

In addition, disorders of absorption can be ruled out if your kid is gaining weight at a adequate rate , with a good healthy appetite and development.

You might consult a pediatrician for examination of your kid as well as to clear any persisting doubts that you may be having.

I Hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.