Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

food poisoning last week, still have abdominal pain.

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Dear Doctor

I recently got food poisoning last week, it wasn't serious though, all I got is just diarrhea and abdominal pain. I starting to get better but I still have abdominal pain of lower part (below belly button), it feels like muscles pain but deep inside, I have to back bend when I lay down to stretch the muscles inside and it feels a bit better, but now i got problem with my lower back too and I have to lay down on the side since it wouldn't hurt my stomach much. All I want to ask is what causes this pain/ cramp? is it serious? what should I do?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A35353

Welcome to the ehealth forum. I am glad to help you out. The pain which you have described can be due to either acute appendicitis or due to renal stones. Both these pains can present in this manner. The confirmation of the diagnosis is by physical examination and doing certain investigations like CT scan of the abdomen & ultrasound. You should consult a physician and seek an opinion and not delay it.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.