Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Food change can problem in my Health???

Hi,
I'm from India and in India Rice and Wheat are most important food for us. In lunch time I eat Rice and at Dinner I eat Wheat but now I noticed that slowly slowly I'm going to fat and lazy and energy is gone slowly slowly. So I decided that I eat only wheat on Lunch & Dinner, and I stop eating Rice. So my question is, there is any problem if I don't eat Rice and eat only Wheat??? Please suggest me.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2014
Welcome to e health forum.

It seems that your main problem is obesity, and you are looking to change your diet, and reduce your weight.

The idea is good but the steps you have taken might not work to a great extent.

Whether you eat foods prepared with Rice or Wheat, the thing you need to know is the calorific value. Both Whole Rice and Wheat have a total calorific value of about 350-370 kCals ( per 100gm), but Wheat has a much higher Fat (9.7gm) and Protein (23.15 gm) content when compared with Rice ( Fat 1.3 & Protein 0.66).

Hence Wheat is a much complete food as it has a balanced composition of all nutrients.

But with respect to dieting for obesity management, too much of either rice or wheat foods, may not work. You need to have everything in moderation, and the ultimate aim would be to reduce the total calorie intake per day, as well as to increase the daily calorie use - by regular physical exercises, workouts etc.

You may consult with a dietitian who can help you reach your goals.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.