I have had a severe allergic reaction three times in Japanese restaurants, my eyes swell up, I get a rash around my mouth and I find it difficult to breathe. The only problem is I had different dishes on the three different occasions, the first time it was a prawn dish although I have had prawns before and it has not affected me, the second time it was a chicken dish and the third time it was sushi. It was also in three different restaurants, I have also eaten other dishes in these restaurants and have had no problems. However, each time I had the allergic reactions I was also drinking wine. I am just wondering is there anything that is used in Asian and specifically Japanese cooking that could have affected me? And did the fact that I was drinking wine just make the reaction worse? I am dying to know what it is so I can avoid it!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2010
I am allergic to dairy, wheat, soy, chocolate, citrus, cats and dust....please ask what is in the food you are eating at restaraunts lots of hidden ingredients...if you dont know what you are consuming dont eat it.
|

replied December 28th, 2010
found a website that may help u dietfacts.com some restaraunts post indgredients.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
Learning what foods you need to avoid is important for anyone with serious food allergies.

Remember, your white blood cells are what is making you intolerant to certain foods and substances. White blood cells have a memory—and a life span. The key is to avoid the offending foods for enough time that the white blood cells that remember those foods have died.

Follow the list of the foods tested by ALCAT.
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2012
I think allergic test would be a good solution to you. Because without test, it is impossible to confirm causes.
|
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....