Every so often after having a late dinner that consists of something spicy and tomato based (pizza, pasta, mexican food) I will wake up in the middle of the night feeling hot and cramping. The cramping gets intense until finally I have violent diaharra and in some cases I vomit and sweat. As soon as my system has expelled everything - I feel fine and all discomfort dissapates. Is this an allergic reaction?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2010
Hi. It's really important that you check it with your doctor because although many people have adverse reactions to certain foods, most are caused by food intolerance and not a food allergy. Food intolerance can cause some of the same signs and symptoms as a food allergy, so people often confuse the two. The best is really to see your doctor. I've had experience mistaking food intolerance with food allergy before, and my friend recommended "Histame" capsules and it really helped me a lot. It relieved me of the headaches, and other symptoms that caused me too much discomfort. You can check with your doctor about it. This is just a suggestion. Your doctor's still the best to ask.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....