Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Food Allergy reactions subside?

Is it possible to have an allergic reaction to a food and take it away and the reaction subside? My 2 yr old son wanted some bread and butter with dinner. I used Smart Balance Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. He started licking the butter off of the bread. About 2 licks in he started gagging and his face turned red. He seemed to be having trouble breathing. I took the bread away and gave him some water and he seemed to be ok. He didnt have anything in his mouth to be choking on. My only thought is that he is allergic to something in the butter because he has never had that before. I looked at the ingredients and the only thing that stood out was Fish Oil. He has eaten fish sticks before and never had a reaction but has never had any other fish outside of this. Should I be concerned with this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2012
You ask your doctor for allergy test. In allergy test you will get complete details about how much quantity of fish oil you can give to your child. Child have certain allergy of food but when they become big the allergy of that food decreases slowly.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....