Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

Foggy head feeling, loss of balance, feeling like I might faint.

Foggy head feeling, loss of balance, feeling like I might faint.

I have been getting this feeling on and off for the past few years, at one point it was almost all day every day. Now it comes and goes for a short time every several days.

I noticed I have gotten it when I talk a lot, this is if I am in person, on the phone, or whatever else. Its not like I have a social anxiety or anything like that. Some times my pinky fingers and/or toes will also slightly go numb too.

A few years ago when it was daily, my doctor ran blood tests, CT scan, EKG, Echocardio, and a few other tests. I ended up going to the Nero doc and physical therapy because they thought nerves were pinched or my posture was cutting circulation to my brain. I do feel this may be related to oxygen to the brain because of the way I feel, feels like symptoms of a TSA perhaps to me? I have been mostly better for the most part after seeing a Chiropractor and sleeping with a special neck pillow, but they are starting to come back. I have also been checking my blood pressure and sugar levels when I feel this way and they seem to be fine. I have recently started excising every day as well so I am healthier than I was. I don't smoke, barely drink, healthy weight, and generally healthy.

Let me add that I have a heart murmur, and my father has an abnormal carotid artery (possibly from birth his doc told him), and he has had a stroke. On his right carotid artery the doctors tell him its blocked 100% and not operable. I wanted to get an echo or something done on my neck, since I have these symptoms similar to what he tells me he had as a kid. His was worse though, like stuttering, and other things....But insurance denied it and said that is not hereditary.

Please let me know your thoughts, I am going to go back to the doctors ASAP. Will make an appointment tomorrow morning and go from there, but I don't know what to do! It prevents me from doing anything because I'm afraid i'll faint, or have an episode of the foggy/dizzy spells.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2014
I also thought by chance that it could be some kind of allergy and have taken allergy meds, or maybe its something to do with my sinuses? I just don't know, but wish it would stop! Or at least if I knew what triggered it or how to cure it......
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....