I've been having what feels like a fluttering feeling in the middle of my chest. At first I thought perhaps it was my heart, but my heart has been checked out recently and no issues were detected. I did notice that leading up to these spasms I had heartburn very bad for about a 3 day stretch. The heartburn has subsided, but the fluttering feeling in my chest is still happening. I'm also having some issues trying to breathe when it happens and I'm getting muscle aches and pains in my upper back, right chest (more a stinging pain), and a dull ache in the back of my left arm. All this combined makes it very hard to sleep at night. I've monitored my pulse during the flutters and there's no change, so I still don't think it's my heart. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease about 2 years ago. These spasms in my chest are worrying and there doesn't seem to be any specific trigger or a way to alleviate them. Is it possibly stress or anxiety?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 4th, 2013
Moderator & Greeter
Hi Jay. Its good you are in touch with your doctor - Id continue to be in touch to make sure you are not dealing with heart and lung issues. I'm not a medical professional, but I know for me stress and breathing issues go hand in hand. A good therapist or psychiatrist can help you to alleviate stress. Good friends or support groups can go a long way in helping as well. I wonder if there might be some issues with allergies? Especially if you have Crohn's, your digestive system is hyper-sensitive - I believe its all related. I'd surf the forums and continue your research. Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...