Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

fluttering feeling in my chest and difficulty breathing

User Profile
Hi, I have a fluttering feeling in my chest and difficulty breathing when I bend over... it feels like something is there but I cough and nothing comes out. Do you know what it could be... I've been having chest pains for over a year, but the cardiologist said it was only Precordial Catch Syndrome.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2017
Chest Pain Answer A61296
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

You have not mentioned your age but if you are having a history of precordial catch syndrome, then it may be responsible for these symptoms as well.

It is characterized by sudden onset of chest pain on the left side of the chest which does not radiate and is intensified by breathing movements.

Other that that, gastritis can also be causing such symptoms. Both these conditions are not very serious and with lifestyle modification and treatment they can get better. Keeping yourself well hydrated is often helpful in precordial catch syndrome.

But if the symptoms persist or there is any radiation of chest pain, then an ECG and treadmill test should be done to rule out any cardiac cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.